With COBALT your 3D models are easily translated into a virtual environment that is fully navigable by anyone thanks to the simplicity of its controls.
The COBALT software is based on an intelligent rendering engine, which allows advanced visualisation of models developed with the most common CAD software in a 3D stereoscopic environment.
It is not a CAD software, it can not be used to develop 3D models. But, in a few moments, COBALT can import your CAD models, usually developed by yourself with your preferred CAD software, into a virtual digital mock-up which can be explored using the most advanced devices for virtual reality, i.e. headsets such as Oculus, a 3D theatre or a 3D-TV.
If you are an engineering company that works for customers in the naval, mechanical, oil & gas, civil construction sectors, but also in architecture and urban planning, you have the opportunity to improve the effectiveness and productivity of your service. Not only by placing COBALT in your workflow , but also suggesting it to your customers; in fact, you will be able to share the project with them at any time of the development, immerging them in a Digital Mock-Up in the essential natural proportion, for a design review free from misunderstandings and ambiguities.
In addition to these advantages, consider how much can the image of your society could gain from this innovation. Moreover, we will reserve you a very convenient price for every COBALT license that you propose to your customers.
Whenever it is very important to be able to analyse the model in natural size, as in the case of the view from the ship’s deck, this is another situation in which the power of COBALT is the protagonist. Thanks to the instant import of your CAD model in COBALT and , without hesitation, at every project revision, with the HMD on your head you are really on the deck and can look in all directions to verify that the layout of the deck guarantees a safe view to the captain.
Suite of tools for creating versioned datasets and multiple configurations
- Versioned and tagged dataset construction
- Import and treatment of models and metadata (references to the original files and documentation) in various standard formats
- Quick creation of new stable configurations or alternative configurations (Branching)
- Historic maintenance changes
- Exporting entire datasets or individual configurations in native format for exchange with other installations (eg sending the material to a customer or to a another working group for verification)
- Export of datasets in standard formats for reintegration into CAD systems or commercial viewers
Accurate, scalable and multi-device real-time rendering
- Rendering of extremely detailed models
- Reduced dependency between rendering performance and quantity of elements e details
- Optimized for different rendering devices (screen, projector, Oculus, etc.)
- Advanced graphical hardware support (Quadro cards synchronized in parallel, etc.)
- Support for rendering 2D / 3D visual aid elements (guides, grids, compasses / rulers, reference points, etc.)
Precise, natural and flexible control
- Wide variety of devices that can be used for navigation and interaction (mouse / keyboard, 3DConnexion, etc.)
- Support of specific control interfaces
- Pointing system (for interactive selection of parts) totally 3D and integrated with the virtual scene
- User interface adapted to the chosen vision mode (eg head-up-display for Oculus HMD, menus and windows for PC monitors, non-intrusive pop-ups for large-screen projection / presentation
- Support for remote graphical interfaces (running on tablets or other PCs)
Advanced functions for product exploration and presentation
- Free navigation in the virtual scene and recall of “points of interest” predetermined
- Recording and replay of the path followed during navigation
- Selection of parts and subassemblies
- Detailed exploration of the selected parts, also decontextualized by the main scene
- Access to information sheets regarding the selected parts
- Ability to hide selected parts or view them in transparency
- Definition of clipping plans to hide entire parts of the scene
- Export high quality videos from recorded paths
- Control of scene lighting in real time
Advanced features for design review
- Manual activation of predetermined mechanisms and movements of parts and assemblies
- Positioning constraints setting and conflicts checking
- Simulation of complete subsystems in the 3D scene
- Linear and angular measurements in real-time
- Status recording (simulations, parts positioning, measurements, etc.) for the session duration
- Reproduction of previously registered sessions, with the possibility to leave the Points of View during the replay
- Recording of vocal and textual notes during the sessionInsertion of humanoid figures (avatars) for verification of accessibility in real timeInstant switching between different configurations of the dataset, with immediate historical changes survey
- Modification (limited) of configurations during real-time rendering